A green pepper is a highly nutritious vegetable. This bell shaped vegetable with a green, glossy exterior adds a dash of color to any dish. It is also referred to as a bell pepper. It has a tangy taste that enhances food flavor. The inside has a small, white foam-like core with tiny seeds attached to it. This pepper isn’t “hot”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN PEPPER
1. Green pepper is a very powerful antioxidants. They contain plenty of vitamin A, B Complex (especially vitamin B6 and B9), and C, which are able to counterbalance the destructive effects of free radicals in our body and maintain our overall health.
2. The anti-inflammatory properties of green peppers are extremely favourable in relieving the pain and swelling associated with severe bone disorders like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
3. Asthma patients can be highly benefited by green peppers as they are full of phytonutrients, a special group of plant compounds (basically natural chemicals) having the capacity of relaxing respiratory passage and lowering panting.
4. Green chili pepper can curb down the cardiovascular risks dramatically. The reason behind it is the presence of loads of vitamin C.
5. Vitamin B6 and vitamin B9 content of green peppers take active part in reducing the level of homocysteine in our body.